Thank you for your interest in renting out CDCP Project Space for your event. Please read the rental agreement details before submitting your event details in the form below. Please note that submitting your event details does not guarantee you the space, and that someone from CDCP will be in touch to confirm your rental.
CDCP Project Space Rental Agreement Details
1. RESTRICTIONS ON USE: Facilities are not available for use by any individual, organization, or corporation: (i) practicing discrimination based on race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, orientation, age, disability or marital status; or (ii) planning to sell or selling articles while in the building (unless approved in writing in advance).
2. HOURS OF OPERATION: Events must take place outside of CDCP Project Space’s business hours. Events may be booked Mon-Thurs from 9:00am-9:00pm, Friday 9:00am-12:00pm, and Sat-Sun 9:00am-11:00am. Deadlines for each day include cleanup time. The CLIENT understands that CDCP Project Space must close by 9:00pm per our lease agreement. The CLIENT will be charged $150.00 per hour if the Event and/or cleanup time exceeds deadline. CLIENT is responsible for making sure guests leave the building at an appropriate time in order for CLIENT to finish clean up before the time deadline. Arrangements must be made by the CLIENT to have all rental equipment picked up and removed from the Facility the same day as the Event before the Event’s time deadline unless there is prior approval. CDCP is not responsible for any damage or theft of any items left by the CLIENT or any guest attending the CLIENT’s Event.
3. PARKING: There is on street parking available on S Trenton Avenue in front of the venue and in the surrounding neighborhood.
4. SERVICES PROVIDED BY STAFF:
a. CDCP Staff member(s) will open the Facility, be on duty during the entire event, and provide information and direction as needed. The Staff member will not be available to serve or decorate and will not be involved in the Event unless an additional service contract is established.
b. Tables, Chairs: Such items, as available, are provided upon request and will be set up and taken down by CDCP Staff. If a specific layout is desired, CLIENT must provide a layout at least one week in advance. Tables and chairs are not to be taken outside by the CLIENT or any guest attending the Event.
c. Deep Cleaning: CDCP Staff will perform deep cleaning, such as mopping and vacuuming.
5. CATERING, CLEANING, TRASH and EQUIPMENT REMOVAL: your event space will be in a clean condition prior to the event. Upon additional planning with CDCP Staff, you will need to incorporate your set-up time and clean up time into the rental agreement, you are required to return the space to the same clean condition in which it was found, unless payment for clean-up was made. Otherwise, all trash must be collected, properly bagged and removed by the CLIENT or the caterer and the furniture must be rearranged. All rental equipment must be removed that night unless approved otherwise by CDCP Staff. CLIENT must remove anything brought in by self guests or hired vendors.
6. ARTWORK and EXHIBITIONS: If an exhibition is installed during your event, the CLIENT will be responsible for the safety of artwork. Any damage done to the artwork will be paid for by the CLIENT. If artwork needs to be moved for the event, this will be agreed upon by both parties at least 7 days in advance of the event and carried out by CDCP staff. The CLIENT and their guests may not handle artwork in the space.
7. SECURITY: CDCP may require a security staff for events in which size, program and/or nature of the program indicate such needs. If this need is identified and agreed upon, CDCP will arrange for security to be paid for by the CLIENT. The security requirement and cost to CLIENT will be agreed upon and included in the rental agreement.
8. CITY, COUNTY, STATE, and FEDERAL LAWS: CLIENT agrees to comply with all applicable City, County, State, and Federal laws and shall conduct no illegal act on the premises. This is a drug free and non-smoking facility at all times, NO EXCEPTIONS. CLIENT shall not sell alcohol on premises at any time. This includes locating a tip jar near where alcohol is served. CLIENT may not serve alcohol to minors on the premises at any time. If you would like to sell alcohol at your event, we will connect you with a local partner who can provide this service at an additional charge. CLIENT agrees, for everyone’s safety, to ensure alcoholic beverages are consumed in a responsible manner. CDCP Staff reserves the right, in its exclusive discretion, to expel anyone who in its judgment is intoxicated or under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or who shall in any manner do or participate in any act jeopardizing the rights, use permit, or insurability of CDCP or the safety of its staff, guests, or building contents. Bartenders must have proper liability coverage.
7. INDEMNIFICATION: CLIENT agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless CDCP, its staff, and its agents from and against any and all claims, demands, causes of action, or liabilities incurred by CDCP or its employees, arising from CLIENT’s acts or omissions under this Agreement or any act or omission of CLIENT’s vendors, employees, contractors, or persons attending the meeting or event with the express or implied permission or invitation of CLIENT, except as may arise from the negligence or willful misconduct of CDCP and its agents will not be held responsible for any losses, damages, or injuries. This refers to any loss, damage, or injury to persons or possessions that may occur at any function held on this property, from any cause, whatsoever, prior to, during, or subsequent to the period covered by this contract. CLIENT will be responsible for the control and supervision of the people in attendance during the use of the facility to ensure no harm is done to persons or property. CLIENT agrees to abide by this Agreement and acknowledges having received a copy thereof. CLIENT will be held financially responsible for any damage to the Facility or equipment, which occurs through the CLIENT’s meeting or event at the Facility.
8. LIVE MUSIC/DJs/NOISE: CDCP encourages music and fun. However, please be aware that the venue is located in a residential area. in the event that CLIENT’s event creates a disturbance due to high noise volume, CDCP’s agents have full authority to ask the CLIENT, DJ, or live music presenter to turn the entertainment down and/or off. If repeated disturbances are created, at CDCP, its staff and partners may, at its discretion, may have CLIENT expelled from the premises or the offending noise will be ended. in the event of disturbances to the point of expulsion, no portion of the event costs will be refunded to CLIENT. Loud music must end by 9:00 p.m. during weeknights (Monday thru Thursday) and 15 minutes before out business hours on Fri-Sun. Music cannot exceed these allotted times.
a. Pittsburgh Noise Ordinance must be followed at all times: noise generated from any performance activity shall not exceed sixty-five (65) decibels within twenty five (25) feet of the property line of said use. The sound level of any use within this District may not exceed, at any point along the boundary of the lot on which the use is to be undertaken, Federal standards or recommended decibel levels in the designated octave bands, except for emergency alarm systems. Sound levels can be projected in accordance with similar or identical operations or uses and be measured with a sound level meter and associated octave band analyzer manufactured according to standards prescribed by the American Standards Association. Measurements must be made using the same measuring system which may now or hereafter be utilized by the United States Government for this purpose.
Please contact Candace at candace(at)caseydroege.com with any questions.