If you are looking for the Window Residency Terms, please scroll down past the Tiny Talk terms.
Tiny Talk Terms and Conditions
Thank you for agreeing to participate in Small Mall’s Tiny Talk series. Please carefully read over our terms and conditions and fill out the form below to act as your signature.
1. Tiny Talk is a one-night-only micro-exhibit series that is accompanied by an artist talk, conversation, performance, or you standing in the corner looking pretty. As a Tiny Talk artist, you will be given a small space in the storefront to exhibit your work for one evening only.
2. As our name entails, our space is small so please be considerate about the size of work you’d like to bring in and how you’d like for it to be hung. We want to accommodate you and your work as much as possible, however we also do not want to make large changes to our space as it is for one night only.
a. For framed or mounted two-dimensional work and small three-dimensional work, we will offer you one of our pegboard walls. The pegboard wall has moveable shelves that you can arrange however you’d like, and you will lean your work against the wall.
(Framed work must be 16 x 20 or smaller to fit on shelves)
b. For unframed two-dimensional work, we will offer our clipboard walls (photos of both walls below.)
c. You may also use our pedestals for free standing 3D work that is too large for the pegboard shelves. We have two pedestals, one is 22”W x 30”L x 40” H and the other is 22”W x 22”L x 40” H.
d. You are also welcome to bring additional small work to sell during the event. Please send a price list 7 days ahead of time if you are planning on bringing work that is not already at Small Mall.
3. It is up to you whether you want your event to be free or have an entry fee. If you want to have paid entry, we encourage you to make it as affordable as possible. Our preference is $10 and under. You can also have it be donation based or have a sliding scale fee. You are also welcome to set up a donation to a local organization of your choice. If anything is sold during the event time it must be inventoried and go through our POS system with our consignment agreement terms.
4. If you are interested in doing a conventional artist talk, keep it under 30 minutes. If you’d like to do a conversation, we will send you a list of questions for the artist talk to help you prepare. You are welcome to state changes you’d like to be made or inform us of what direction you’d like for the conversation to go. We primarily want to talk about your art and practice, but you can also discuss topics that are relevant to your work. You are also welcome to host a workshop, do a performance, or anything else to accompany your exhibit (No messes in the space though).
5. We will make a promotional graphic for your event and advertise on our social media accounts and website. Please provide us with an image you’d like to be used for this purpose in the form below. We will send you the graphic for your approval.
6. We will arrange for libations at your event. In the past, Small Mall has partnered with Lawrenceville Distilling Co. to provide drinks. If you would like to have additional food or beverages available, you are welcome to bring your own.
30 days ahead of event - Event title, description, format for event, promo image provided and agreed upon
15 days ahead of event - confirmation of layout for artwork during the event
7 days ahead of event - price list and label info provided for any work that is new to small mall
Day of event - you arrive minimum 2 hours ahead of event for artwork install and setup, you take artwork home with you and deinstall that night.
If you cannot adhere to our deadlines, we have the right to cancel the event at any point.
If you have read and agree to the above terms, please fill out this short form to act as your signature. If you have questions about these terms, please contact Corrine Jasmin at email@example.com.
Photos by Porter Loves Creative
Window Residency Terms and Conditions
Thank you for agreeing to participate in Small Mall’s window display residency. Please read over our terms and conditions and fill out the form below to act as your signature.
Small Mall’s Window Residency is an opportunity for invited artists to exhibit their work in the two front windows of our storefront (see below for sketch of window layout). As a Window Residency artist, you will be offered both window spaces to install work.
Window display residency allows artist to display work/product for 2-3 weeks (this will be agreed upon on by artist and Small Mall).
There will be a Small Mall employee on site to assist during the scheduled time of window installation. We provide basic tools for install, but the artist must bring their own additional materials.
You may also use our pedestals if they are not used elsewhere in the shop, one is 22”W x 30”L x 40” H and the other is 22”W x 22”L x 40” H.
Small Mall does not provide the artist with installation materials or a budget for the residency. We do offer promotion for the artist on our website and social media platforms as well as an opportunity for programming. We recommend that the artist submits images for promoting their installation online and on social media. If the artist does not provide promotional photos, Small Mall may photograph the work, however we cannot guarantee documentation or high-quality material.
Since Small Mall is a retail space, we ask the artist to not incorporate materials that have the potential to travel into the rest of the store and create a mess/compromise other artist’s work. The artist may paint on the windows, as long as it doesn’t interfere with the vinyl on the window, however the walls should stay white. Artists will be responsible for removing the paint from the windows at the end of their residency.
Artist must take their display down during the end of the scheduled residency. A Small Mall employee will be available for de-install assistance. Artists will also have two (2) days to pick up their work from the space. If you do not pick up your work in that timeframe, it will become the property of CDCP.
Artists have to have works available for purchase. Separate consignment agreements will cover details for purchase agreements. Larger installations are encouraged, but there has to be purchasable elements.
All work in space is covered by our insurance up to the retail sale price, maxing out at $1000 per artist.
Sketches and contract for window display residency are due four weeks before the beginning of the artist’s installation period. Missing this deadline cancels out our agreement. No work will move forward without these materials prior to installation.
If you cannot adhere to our deadlines, we have the right to cancel your residency at any point.
If you have read and agree to the above terms, please fill out this short form to act as your signature and to submit your sketch and promo photos. If you have questions about these terms, please contact Corrine Jasmin at firstname.lastname@example.org.