Intern with CDCP
Arts Admin Assistant Internship
Internship Location: 5300 Butler St. Pittsburgh, PA 15201
Internship Description: CDCP is seeking an unpaid Arts Admin Intern available for 6-8 weeks over the summer, with the opportunity to renew in the fall. The position is 10-14 hours a week, spread out over two days (one day being Saturday). The Intern will help with the following:
• Safe-guarding artwork and facilities.
• Interacting with the public, using good judgment in difficult social situations (ex. when someone mishandles the art/ is disruptive to other visitors).
• Working receptions and special events (helping with set-up and clean-up, washing dishes, sweeping floors).
• Educating visitors about artists and upcoming events.
• Assisting in the install and deinstall of exhibits in the concept store.
• Preparing labels and print materials for exhibitions.
• Painting walls, and pedestals.
The Gallery Intern will work directly with the Assistant Director and Executive Director, with weekly check-ins. Ideal Candidates will have the following skills:
• Strong interpersonal skills. You will interact with both the public and artists on a regular basis, and should feel very comfortable talking with people.
• Hard-working, responsible, punctual, flexible to last-minute changes, disciplined and self-motivated, able to take direction and learn new skills, dedicated to working at an art gallery.
• Demonstrated accuracy and strong attention to detail.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Ability to move and lift artworks up to 40 lbs.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Extremely self-motivated and responsible.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive.
• Experience with Illustrator, InDesign preferred.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume with the subject line "Arts Admin Assistant" via email to casey (AT) caseydroege.com