CDCP is seeking an Attendant for Small Mall starting September 5th, 2018 and running through November 30th with the potential to renew and grow. The position is 5-10 hours a week with some evening and Sunday hours required, with a starting rate of $10/hr. We are looking for candidates who will help to create a warm and welcoming art space and store. Some contemporary art knowledge is appreciated along with an interest and involvement with community engagement. Additionally, excellent time management and communication skills are necessary, and the ability to work independently.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supporting events and programming in the space.
- Learn basic biographical information about the artists and their work.
- Day to day administrative tasks as assigned
- Operate the cash register and provide accurate change to cash-paying customers
- Show customers the locations of items they are looking for and suggest complementary items when appropriate
- Greet customers when they walk through the door and ask if they need assistance
- Staying attuned to visitor experience and creating a welcoming environment; actively engaging with visitors to answer questions and provide additional information about CDCP or the work in the space.
- Pay attention to shoppers on the floor and notify management of any possible shoplifting activity
- Restock shelves when needed to ensure optimum availability of products
- Ensure the space is ready to receive visitors, with basic cleanup and organization.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strong interpersonal skills. You will interact with both the public and artists on a regular basis, and should feel very comfortable talking with people.
- Hard-working, responsible, punctual, flexible to last-minute changes, disciplined and self-motivated, able to take direction and learn new skills.
- Demonstrated accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to move and lift artworks up to 40 lbs.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Extremely self-motivated and responsible
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Please submit a one-page letter of interest and resume with the subject line "Small Mall Position" via email to firstname.lastname@example.org The application deadline is August 17th, 20178 and interviews will take place by August 24th. No phone calls. No late submissions.